Frequently Asked Questions
Hiring an architect could be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make for your residential or commercial property. If you have never worked with an architect, then you’re likely to have several questions. We’re here to help you through the process. If you have already engaged our services, we will arrange a series of meetings to discuss project details and scope. Remember, it’s best to engage us at the start of your project, although we are more than willing to jump on board at any time.
All designs, drawings or artwork contained herein are the intellectual property of Lloyd J. Robinson & Associates and no part of this design or drawing may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage or retrieving system, without the express written consent of Lloyd J. Robinson & Associates.
In Jamaica there is an Architect’s Registration Board and the Jamaica Institute of Architects (JIA). All Registered Architect are registered with the Architect’s Registration Board however they may not be members of the JIA.
All registered members will have an official seal that issued to certify architectural drawings. Please also see Architectural Seal.
- We get the big picture.
- We are also subject to a statutory code of practice
- We are highly trained in our field of study and we will work with you to design creative and practical solutions to address your needs.
- We are the only professionals who are trained and have the experience and vision while handling the entire design and construction process.
- Absolutely! An Architect can recommend competent persons. The client can then enter into a contractual arrangement with the recommended persons.
- If you need planning permission – you’ll need us.
- We will help manage the entire process, that includes navigating the local planning authorities.
- If you are uncertain, we can give you ideas.
- Not sure if you can trust contractors? Leave the project management to us. We will give you a non-biased oversight as to the current status of the project.
- If you are too busy – rely on us to ensure that the process is smooth and cost effective.
- Getting it right the first time can save you a lot of money.
- From conception to completion, we will be your lead consultant guiding you every step of the way. However, some projects will require specialist services – as such we will coordinate with quantity surveyors, structural engineers, electrical and mechanical engineers and other disciplines if required. This is at an additional service to the client. The architect is the best person to engage other consultants as part of the team required for the process. The client may also hire additional consultants directly.
- An Architect is an asset to any project that requires building a new structure or altering the current one.
- We can transform your ideas and dreams into reality, but rest assured, we will work within your budget by helping you select the appropriate design and materials. We will also suggest the appropriate trades required to undertake the job.
- Our fees represent a percentage of the overall construction cost.